Team Canmore provides seasonal and year-round support for golfers who are looking to take their games to the next level. While it is expected that participants will have some golfing experience, it is more important that they bring enthusiasm for golf and a willingness to learn and improve! Although each Team Member will have his/her own individualized training program, we work in a team environment where everyone supports each other’s efforts. Individualized training programs will be developed in accordance with Golf Canada’s Long Term Player Development model, which identifies a pathway to elite level competition. Of course, players who are more interested in golf as a recreational pursuit are welcome to join in training sessions and take part in friendly local competitions.
WINTER PROGRAM – November thru March. REGISTRATION OPEN NOW
Winter sessions (November thru March) focus on skill development, making extensive use of TrackMan’s simulator and training software. Package includes baseline testing, 12 professionally-coached one-on-one sessions (60 minutes each) to be scheduled individually throughout the winter months. Winter sessions can be shared between 2 participants. Winter program participants can also join the summer program, making golf improvement a year-round endeavor!
SUMMER PROGRAM – April thru September. REGISTRATION OPEN NOW
The summer program encompasses practice and play opportunities 4 days per week, along with various tournament and interclub events throughout the season. Monday golf rounds are supplemented by drop-in practice sessions on Wednesdays and Fridays from 4:00pm to 7:00pm; and Saturdays from 1:00pm to 4:00pm. The drop-in format means you can arrive as busy family schedules allow and stay as long as you like – and you can choose any or all of the practice days! Practice sessions will align with each individual’s personal training program. And since kids love to interact with technology, this program will include use of TrackMan radar and video sessions.
YEAR ROUND PROGRAM – REGISTRATION OPEN NOW
Combine the winter and summer programs to make golf a year-round pursuit!
Prerequisites for all Team Canmore Programs: Open to ages 11 and up. Previous golf experience is recommended.
- Indoor programming begins in November, with one-on-one or small group (max 2ppl) sessions, booked individually. Indoor sessions will make extensive use of the TrackMan system for practice and play.
- Outdoor programming begins in mid-April. In the pre-season, we will work outdoors when possible, with indoor options available when necessary. On-course play (Mondays) will begin once the course is fully open with drop-in practices held between 4pm and 7pm Wednesdays & Fridays and 1pm to 4pm on Saturdays.
- Year-round program (November thru September) – $800.00 (includes $100.00 membership credit)
- Winter program only (November thru March) – $400.00
- Summer program only (March thru September) – $400.00 (includes $100.00 membership credit)
Additional optional costs: “road trip” expenses (TBD), tournament/interclub entry fees, Canmore G&CC Junior Membership (approx. $250.00 GST included) *Note: it is not necessary to be a full Junior Member to participate in the Team Canmore Program, however, only Junior Members are eligible to compete in the Junior Club Championship. Junior members also enjoy various other benefits, including green fees during non-program times. Please contact the Administration Office for complete details. Equipment is available to rent on a seasonal basis.